Monday 27 April 2009

Monday. Greetings from a grim hotel room in London

Hi All,
Well the weather has taken a turn for the worse and it is freezing. I have had to come up to London this evening to take part in an event linked to something I was working on prior to my redundancy. It means I will see some ex colleagues for the first time in a few weeks and frankly the level of support I got from these particular guys was zero....very disappointing...most people were great but just not these....so anyway I am a bit stressed out at the thought. Ordinarily this would send me directly to the bread bin but no, I will rise above it all and I will be fine.....
Food today consisted of a bowl of porridge, a ciabatta sandwich and yazai yaki soba with a small glass of wine at Wagamamas. I'm a BIG fan of the Wagamama chain....yum- the portions are large and in fact I couldn't eat it all! I could have cheerfully demolished another couple of glasses of wine to calm the nerves but a) it is Monday night and b) my motto is "Nil Illegitimus Carborandum" which in Latin roughly equates to "Don't let the b-ds grind you down" so I had better start practicing what I preach, eh?
Got an exercise class in today as well so feeling pretty good on that front too.
Got some work to do so signing off for now. Hope you guys are all having a good day!
Cheers
Susie

1 comment:

  1. Great work, Susie, I like reading your blog ! Interesting anecdotes, details, it's all good. I'll visit your blog on a weekly basis to see what's up. I'm sure with a lot of hard work you will achieve all your goals ! ;-)
    Marc

    ReplyDelete